The parents glide down the slopes while their kids are eager to practice their first turns on children’s skis. Off-piste, families can expect an all-round service: That's how holidays are supposed to be.
Family ski resorts have excellent all-round offers for parents with children, among them Andermatt+Sedrun+Disentis in the cantons of Graubünden and Uri. One of the most popular family destinations in Switzerland, the region has ski lifts and pistes which are ideal for children who want to discover skiing fun and offers reasonably priced family ski tickets. In the children's ski schools, the little ones learn from professionals and are lovingly cared for so that parents can also relax. Events such as a children's disco, fairy tale evenings or carnival will keep the little guests entertained. Off the slopes, the region provides an authentic programme; activities range from tobogganing to ice skating and horse carriage rides. Children's restaurants ensure that the young guests as well catered for. Overall, there are 5 very good reasons for Andermatt+Sedrun+Disentis.
Without modern ski lifts, magic carpets and well-maintained slopes for children, skiing holidays for families would probably be pointless - Andermatt+Sedrun+Disentis has something of everything: The DRUNI KidsArena is close to the Sedrun railway station, the slope is manageable and suitable for the first attempts on the tubing track and has a 143-metre conveyor belt. For those looking for a small-scale ski area, Realp is the perfect place: The slope has a children’s ski lift and enjoys a windless hidden location. The Ace Fun Slope in the SkiArena is a bit larger and kids should be more experienced to negotiate waves and jumps, curves, fun courses and much more. Disentis is also very suitable for children, a playground adjacent to the children's lifts invites for a break.
Almost all children's ski schools in Andermatt+Sedrun+Disentis offer day care and an entertainment programme for kids: The mascot MATTI is a brown bear from Andermatt. MATTI loves winter and children, and he doesn't hibernate. His realm is the middle station at Nätschen, where on the children's slope he playfully shows the little ones how much fun skiing or snowboarding can be. During the break he invites children to MATTIS Family Restaurant featuring a kid’s area, a bear’s den and a honey tree, where he likes to draw and play.
Relax and eat with other kids, enjoy fresh food with ingredients from the region: Family restaurants in Andermatt+Sedrun+Disentis offer children's menus as well as lovingly designed play areas with childcare where children can romp around. Parents can sit back and relax and just let their children be children.
- MATTI's family restaurant: play area with Matti’s bear’s den, at the middle station of the Gütsch Express
- Milez mountain restaurant: lunch room for groups and families
- Catrina Lodge: cosy and child-friendly restaurant (50 seats), hall (30 seats), children's menu, pastry shop, outdoor play equipment
- DRUNI Family Restaurant: Special dishes for small guests next to the DRUNI KidsArena
- Panorama restaurant Caischavedra: children's playground with climbing tower, slide and swing
Let's be honest, at some point the kids will have enough: A week's ski holiday needs a supporting programme. In Andermatt+Sedrun+Disentis there's plenty of fun and variety for the kids and quality time for parents to be had.
- Snowtubing: In the past old rubber tyres were used, in Disentis there is professional sports equipment available to cruise down the hill on the snowtubing track – sitting or lying down on your belly or on your back, fun for young and old.
- Tobogganing: Nothing beats the thrill of sliding down the mountain on a sled: from Nätschen to Andermatt, from Tiefenbach to Realp and from Milez to Dieni. Toboggans are available to hire at the Nätschen valley station, Andermatt railway station, Dieni valley station, and Hotel Tiefenbach.
- Ice skating: Ice skates can be hired at the Andermatt and Sedrun natural ice rinks. Every year, a skilled ice master makes sure that the natural ice is as smooth as glass.
- Sustainable horse lift: Every Thursday, a horse carriage takes you up the slope without electricity or petrol in Disentis.
- Events for kids only: What would a family holiday be without events that make children's eyes shine? The Andermatt Ski School has plenty of activities to keep kids entertained, e.g. a children's disco, ice skating or winter barbecues. Fairy tale evenings transport the little ones into a fantasy world and the carnival gives an insight into the customs of the region. All events are suitable for children aged 4 years and over, participation is free.